I’ve meticulously tracked my Hearthstone Arena Runs using Heartharena since December 20, 2014. Over 167 arena runs, I have played Warrior twice. Both runs only got 1 win. An even better fact, both wins I got were against other Arena Warriors! I’m sure I had a Warrior run attain more than 1 run in the year before I started tracking, but who knows. The facts are that I have no idea what I’m doing when I’m playing Warrior. The most glory I have from playing Warrior is with Patron Warrior (RIP).
With that said, I decided to tank an arena run and play Warrior.
- Defender of Argus (69), Coliseum Manager (64), Mana Wraith (30) – Easy pick here, though Coliseum Manager is solid for Warrior arenas.
- Drakonid Crusher (67), Unstable Ghoul (44), Grimscale Oracle (8) – The Crusher is easily the best pick over some lackluster cards.
- Gilblin Stalker (66), Stonesplinter Trogg (57), River Crocolisk (53) – A rare pick of 3 2/3 2-drops! Obviously the Crocolisk is out since there is no beast synergy here. I like Gilblin Stalker more because the stealth prevents it from being targeted, and helps serve the role of establishing an early board.
- Heroic Strike (53), Mukla’s Champion (44), Whirlwind (45) – Not a slam dunk pick here, but I picked Heroic Strike for a decent clear. Mukla’s Champion is a win-more card that is better to pick later in the draft once it’s established a draft has more cheap minions.
- Death’s Bite (79), Captured Jormungar (58), Spellbreaker (67) – Death’s Bite is a good weapon to have that helps with board clear and triggering some enrage minions.
- Chillwind Yeti (69), Gilblin Stalker (66), Axe Flinger (39) – Can never go bad with a Yeti. A second Gilblin is not a bad choice if I sold out to go fast for the whole draft.
- Fiery War Axe (91), Lost Tallstrider (53), Undertaker (26) – It’s called Fiery Win Axe for a reason.
- Southsea Deckhand (54), Gnomish Inventor (59), Inner Rage (49) – I have 2 weapons drafted in the first 7, which brings me to this pick. Even with no weapon, the Southsea Deckhand is a fine Turn 1 play to trigger a coin.
- Frothing Berserker (107), Coliseum Manager (74), Grim Patron (47) – 2 of these are components of the Patron Warrior (RIP). Anyhow, Death’s Bite has insane synergy to grow a Berserker.
- King’s Defender (87), Sparring Partner (70), Questing Adventurer (62) – Don’t mind if I do with a third weapon. Plus, there is some taunt synergy.
- Boneguard Lieutenant (64), Clockwork Gnome (54), Shield Block (40) – We don’t need no armor. Either of these minions are fine, picking the 2-drop here.
- Knife Juggler (90), Master Swordsmith (22), Injured Blademaster (63) – Can’t pass on a premium card like Knife Juggler. Also, I’m not a real big fan of Injured Blademaster.
- Arathi Weaponsmith (84), Frigid Snobold (46), Bolster (9) – Arathi Weaponsmith is too good to pass up. It looks like I’m getting a 4th weapon for this draft.
- Argent Horserider (73), Evil Heckler (68), Battle Rage (68) – These are all cards I would want to pick in the draft, can’t really go wrong with any of them. Argent Horserider is the best value.
- Drakonid Crusher (62), Nerbu’ar Weblord (51), Shield Block (40) – Going with the second Crusher for more beef. We don’t need no armor.
- Death’s Bite (66), Explosive Sheep (38), War Golem (44) – I am forced to pick my 5th weapon by Pick 16. I am strapped and have no armor cards.
- Silver Hand Knight (68), Bolster (5), Arathi Weaponsmith (59) – Ok, no more weapons. Don’t have any 5-drop minions so I really need the Silver Hand Knight here.
- Charge (43), Reckless Rocketeer (45), Mogu’shan Warden (42) – Charge is a card nobody expects. Better yet, I have 2 Drakonids which could charge for 9 or 11 damage. Win condition found!
- Frostwolf Warlord (61), Priestess of Elune (29), Gnomish Inventor (56) – It looks like I passed on card draw yet again for a mediocre biggish guy. Not sure about this pick.
- Sparring Partner (98), King’s Defender (64), Secretkeeper (22) – More 2-drops needed here. Sparring Partner is pretty good as a card.
- Ship’s Cannon (74), Lance Carrier (54), Ogre Magi (42) – Filling out the 2-drops, plus synergy with the Deckhand.
- Novice Engineer (49), Stonetusk Boar (49), Explosive Sheep (40) – I don’t really see the point in ever drafting Stonetusk Boar unless you’re a class that has health buffs. Getting some card draw with the first minion that taught you how to draw.
- Haunted Creeper (88), Kor’kron Elite (65), Amani Berserker (77) – All good cards again, but taking a premium 2.
- Orgrimmar Aspirant (108), Piloted Shredder (78), Reckless Rocketeer (44) – In normal circumstances, Piloted Shredder is the pick. But in a deck with 5 weapons, the Orgrimmar Aspirant is a great pick. I honestly don’t know how to use the card though, and may make mistakes.
- Alexstraza’s Champion (88), Saboteur (80), Revenge (53) – I’ve got 2 dragons for some trigger synergy here. I also really like 2/3 2-drops.
- Crowd Favorite (64), Garrison Commander (51), Doomsayer (22) – I have plenty of battlecries here to help make Crowd Favorite a decent card. The warrior hero power is not good enough to warrant Garrison Commander.
- Argent Commander (75), Crazed Alchemist (52), Commanding Shout (72) – Argent Commander has crappy stats, but the shield + charge removal makes it what it is as a premium card.
- Clockwork Gnome (69), Dragonkin Sorcerer (60), Wisp (14) – At this point, I’m going with a faster pick.
- Spectral Knight (53), Shield Block (33), Raid Leader (45) – We don’t need no armor.
- Siege Engine (59), Sunfury Protector (66), Jeeves (50) – Sunfury is the better value pick, but I feel like I needed another big threat.
- Somehow survive and break-even. I have to play faster with my board and remove things with my armory of axes.
- Priest – 1st – 1-0 – Unfortunately, I forgot to turn on the Hearthstone Deck Tracker, and I do not know exactly what happened in this game. All I know is it was an easy win. Also, I have tied my previous Warrior Arena runs in the past year!
- Paladin – Coin – 2-0 – I was able to take the board early thanks to weapons and Knife Juggler having good RNG. My opponent quit by turn 7, making it a quickie 3-minute match.
- Priest – Coin – 3-0 – I was down life for most of this game, but as someone (Trump, I think) once said, life is only a resource in Hearthstone. Thanks to endless trading, and Siege Engine (MVP), I got my opponent to topdeck and I was able to win.
- Rogue – Coin – 4-0 – Rogue, Coin, Warrior? I should lose by Turn 6. Don’t know what to say. I kept constant pressure in this game, which resulted in my opponent steadily losing life. Knife Juggler came up big again, especially throwing knives with Haunted Creeper.
- Mage – 1st – 5-0 – By now, I feel weird that this deck is where it is. My gazillion axes came up big in this game by helping me clear the board and build mine. I tried to prepare a Frothing Berserker, but it was foiled by an Arcane Golem.
- Druid – 1st – 6-0 – This game was a paragon for how this deck works. Make a bunch of taunts and hit things with weapons. Except my opponent played a Fel Reaver to face said wall of taunts on Turn 5. I wound up going face the whole time and putting up taunts, while milling a whole deck.
- Warlock – Coin – 6-1 – I faced a golden Warlock, and it was likely the most competitive game in this arena run. I made a big misplay, dropping Silver Hand Knight + Squire, and then triggering my Death’s Bite whirlwind (led to Darkbomb). I also had a cool Orgrimmar Aspirant moment to kill a Fen Creeper in one shot. I eventually lost to a damn Stormpike Commando.
- Paladin – 1st – 6-2 – A complete laugher. I got into trouble early thanks to Avenge, and yeah good Paladin decks don’t make things close.
- Mage – Coin – 6-3 – A game that showed having too many axes could be a bad thing, as it clogged up my hand. I made good moves to counter being down, but got cleaned up by 2 Krakens.
- Hey 6-3 Warrior run! That’s probably the best since Naxx or Classic.
- There was a very distinct wall. 6 easy wins and then 3 not-so-close losses.
- Having a lot of axes is good, but I had 1 or 2 too many in this game.
- Taunts are good! And I had no Bolster
- Garrosh don’t need no armor.