I bought a ticket to see the Warcraft movie tomorrow, as it was released just midnight in the States. Keeping up with movies is something I struggle with quite a bit, as I haven’t watched many movies since I downloaded a bunch of them with a college DC++ network. Warcraft is one of those movies that has gotten notoriously bad reviews, but has gotten better ratings from people who actually play WoW or other Blizzard games. I feel like it is a movie I will enjoy to some extent, because I am well-immersed in the Blizz world, and have played a bunch of Warcraft games. I will look forward to seeing characters, denizens, cities, and other elements of the Azerothian landscape.
But because this movie is based off Hearthstone, I want to predict certain scenes that we may or may not see in the movie.
- Gul’dan and a legion of minions – From what I can tell, Gul’dan looks to be a significant antagonist in this movie. I can’t wait for the imposing scene where Gul’dan brings forth a “zoo” of imps, tentacles, gnomes, squires, councilmen….
- Garona kills Varian’s dad – This happens in the lore and I have no idea if this happens in this Warcraft movie, but it is entirely possible. This very likely to happen near the end, after the protagonists defeat Gul’dan.
- Someone falls off a flying mount – If you ever played WoW, there’s a lot of flying around. You get your mount, or you hire a vehicle, and you fly somewhere far away. I predict someone is getting knocked off a dragonhawk at some point in the movie.
- Thrall and friends – Thrall is evidently a baby in this Warcraft movie, so it might be too early for him to pick up Doomhammer, given it costs 5 + Overload (2). But he might be strong enough to pick up a Rockbiter Weapon. And I can’t wait for some 4 mana 7/7’s to kick some Alliance butt.
- Anduin steals something – There seems to be another character named Anduin in this movie (to which the priest was named after). But knowing that guy, Anduin will steal something/someone in this movie.
- Someone will say “Ready for Action” – Scenes depict so many footmen in this movie. I assume they will form the red shirt army in the movie, getting murked by Orcs and whatnot. But I think some dude will say “Ready for Action.” I mean someone’s gotta do it!
- Protagonists save people from Murlocs – Murlocs are the perfect starter villain in a movie. They are wild, aggressive, but have no real bearing on the storyline. In Warcraft, a gang of Murlocs will almost murder this boy who went further then his mom told him to, and get blasted to smithereens by Medivh or something.
- Medivh goes crazy – At some point I believe Medivh loses it. He seems young in this movie, but it is possible.
- There will be a Mysterious Challenger – Not the 6/6 secret guy, but there will be a mysterious character in the movie that would be a teaser to someone big in the next movie, but clearly evident for those who know the lore well.
- Goblins doing Goblin things – Random vendors selling stuff and ripping people off? Guys operating zepplins? Auction houses? There are plenty of scenes where Goblins can help bring comic relief.
I think at least 1 or 2 of these things will happen, maybe they all will!